When is the facility open during the ice skating season?
– The ALEX AND ANI City Center is open daily from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm for public skating, weather permitting, with special hours for holidays and events.
– The ice skating season extends from November to end of February.
– Changes in hours for special events are listed online at theprovidencerink.com, Facebook, Twitter @alexandanicc and Instagram alexandanicc.
– Weather closures will be listed on the providencerink.com homepage and a recorded message will be available at 401.680.7390.
How do I purchase tickets?
– Tickets can only be purchased at the ticket office at 2 Kennedy Plaza at this time. An admission ticket and skate rental ticket must be purchased before ice skates can be collected in the skate rental office.
– The skate rental office is located at the opposite end of the ice rink from the ticket counter window in the tunnel under Exchange Terrace.
– Ticket refunds are not offered.
What are your ticket prices?
– Click here for public skating pricing, weekly specials and ice rentals and reservations.
– The military must provide proof of ID. The Military rate can extend to an additional three family members the day of ticket purchase. $4 adult admission, $2 child admission.
– Only one discount is applicable per skating session.
What sizes of skates do you have?
– Skate rentals are available in both men’s hockey skates and women’s figure skates, ranging in size from toddler 8 to a men’s size 14 and a women’s size 11.
– Skates are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
I have my own ice skates – can I get them sharpened?
– Public skate sharpening is not currently offered. Please check back for updates.
Where can I put my belongings while I skate?
– Locker keys will be distributed at the ticket office where you purchase admission tickets.
– Locker rental is available for $3 with $20 deposit required until locker key is returned.
– Lockers are located in the skate rental office.
Do you have safety helmets?
Safety helmets for children and adults are available at the ticket window with $20 deposit required until the helmet is returned.
Do I need to stay with my child at the rink while they skate?
Children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult, and the adult must remain on the premises.
What are the rules for skating on the ice surface?
To ensure the safety of everyone skating on the ice, the following rules apply:
– No social media posting while skating.
– No texting while skating on the ice.
– Skates must be worn at all times while on the ice surface. This applies to all sessions.
– Do not carry children while on the ice.
– Be considerate of other skaters and remain in control at all times. No disorderly conduct – no speeding, no weaving, no throwing of objects.
– Cell phone and camera use at the dasher board edge or rink-side only, not on the ice surface during public skating hours.
– Performing figure skating maneuvers during public skating sessions is not permitted.
– All skaters must clear the ice while it is being resurfaced.
– Patrons must keep themselves, extremities and all objects outside the rink surface while the Zamboni is resurfacing.
– Always obey the Skate Guard on duty – they are there for your safety.
– Always report any hazards or unsafe conditions to the Skate Guard immediately.
– No food or drink on ice surface or placed on dasher board edge.
What is the pavilion space used for? Can it be rented?
– The pavilion may be reserved for birthday parties, business and social group outings, field trips and full ice events.
– The price is $80* per hour, with a special package price available for birthday parties.
– Click here for additional information and reservation forms.
– Reservation deposits are non-refundable but are transferable for rain dates.
What are skate aids?
– Skate aids are a fun option to help skaters of all ages and sizes glide more easily on the ice.
– Penguin skate aids are available for children to young teens.
– Snowmen skate aids are available for teens to adults.
– Skate aids are $11* and require the deposit of a major credit card and release form to be signed at the ticket window.
Do you offer ice skating lessons?
We offer private individual and group lessons through our Learn to Skate program. Click here for more details.
Do you have a children’s birthday party package available?
Yes, there are two packages available for a child’s birthday celebration. Please be sure to call directly at 401.680.7394 to schedule your preferred day and time.
I want to bring a large group of people to skate. Is there a group discount?
Yes, for a group of 15 guests or more the price of admission is reduced $2.00 per person.
When can I rent the ice for a private event without public skating?
– The full ice may be rented for a private event before or after public skating hours every day of the week, Monday through Sunday from 7:00 am-10:00 am and 10:00 pm-12:00 am for anything from an engagement proposal of two to a large group event. link to private ice
– The price is $250.00 per hour and it includes accessibility to the restrooms and skate rental office.
– An additional fee of $6.00* skate rental per person if rental skates are needed.
– The pavilion may also be rented as a warming space for $80.00* per hour.
Do you offer hockey?
Yes, the ice can be rented for full ice hockey before or after public skating hours every day of the week, Monday through Sunday from 7:00am-10:00am and 10:00pm-12:00am. Reserve the ice for your very own Winter Classic!
How can I get advertising for my business placed on the dasher boards or any other location within the Rink facility?
– Advertising is available on the dasher boards among other locations and listed within the Rink’s advertising brochure.
– There are additional opportunities for partnership for vendors.
*subject to sales tax
The Providence Rink facility is located at the ALEX AND ANI City Center. The summer event season extends from April through October with rental space available for public and private events. Summer outdoor activity programming runs June through October. The winter ice skating season begins in November and continue through March.